In 2015, Data Across Sectors for Health (DASH) conducted an environmental scan of the state of multi-sector data sharing initiatives aimed at improving community health. Monitoring and analysis is ongoing, but the initial findings show a vibrant and diverse set of initiatives exist across the country. The results, summarized in this executive summary, provide context on the landscape in which DASH and similar initiatives are working.
The objectives of DASH Environmental Scan were to:
1. Provide information on relevant activities, leading communities, and research
2. Identify promising examples of shared data and/or connected information systems across sectors to improve health
3. Synthesize findings into lessons learned in regards to barriers, gaps, and opportunities
4. Develop recommendations for next steps
5. Serve as a baseline for measuring progress, including the development of specific indicators to track the field over time
Download the Full Report
Please provide your email below to download the full DASH Environmental Scan report.