This series of papers provides an overview and framework for reaching out to stakeholders or potential partners from other sectors that may share your interest in collaborating and sharing data to improve community health. Knowing your audience will help your collaboration craft a successful and productive outreach strategy, strengthen your partnerships, and ensure ongoing sustainability by clearly defining and articulating the value of sharing data across sectors.
In the introductory paper to this series, we walk through the basic steps for outreach and provide questions to guide your conversation. The introduction is followed by a series of five sector-specific papers to provide more context on the incentives, challenges, and benefits of data sharing for a specific type of stakeholder within each sector (in parentheses).
Papers in the series:
- Introduction to the series – Now Available
- Housing and homelessness (public housing authorities) – Now Available
- Health care (hospitals/integrated delivery systems) – Coming Soon
- Social services (food banks) – Coming Soon
- Criminal justice (police departments) – Coming Soon
- Public health (local health departments) – Coming Soon
Share your feedback
Take this survey to provide input on this series, including what was most and least useful and what you would like to see in future editions.