On June 7, 2022, Data Across Sectors for Health (DASH) hosted the first installment in the three-part webinar series: Advancing Community Health Through Equitable Data Ecosystems. The webinar series introduced the DASH Framework, which highlights the key domains of shared multi-sector data landscapes to and will help to guide communities to leverage their data ecosystem for equitable systems change.
This first session focused on Building Foundation with Community. Panelists from DASH-funded communities will discuss the challenges and complexities involved in relationship-building, and opportunities for establishing relationships among partners within the community:
- Ivette Guillermo-McGahee, Founder and Executive Director with Allies in Caring (ABCD Cohort, 2022)
- Elisa Orona, Executive Director of the Health Improvement Partnership of Santa Cruz (CIC-START, 2019)
- Sarah Adler, Website Analyst and Eva Holt-Rusmore, Project Coordinator with DataShare Santa Cruz County (CIC-START, 2019)
Waldo Mikels Carrasco, DASH co-director, moderated this discussion.
By the end of the session, attendees will be able to:
- Identify the power dynamics influencing individual and group interactions and communication in their local communities.
- Understand trust-building and partnership formation as interrelated core principles and activities of successful multi-sector data sharing initiatives advancing health equity.
- Describe how building a shared vision forms the foundation that is necessary for multi-sector data sharing collaborations to advance equity.
Watch the recording:
- Resource Guide: DASH Framework – Building Foundation with Community (June 7)
- Presentation Slides: DASH Framework – Session I: Building Foundation with Community (June 7)