On July 26, 2022, Data Across Sectors for Health (DASH) hosted the second installment in the three-part webinar series ‘Advancing Community Health Through Equitable Data Ecosystems’. The webinar series introduces the DASH Framework, which highlights the key domains of shared multi-sector data landscapes, and it helps to guide communities to leverage their data ecosystem for equitable systems change.
Our second session focused on shared community data ecosystems. Panelists from DASH-funded communities discussed the challenges and complexities in harnessing data sharing tools to advance health equity, focusing on the human relations aspect of sharing data. They shared how to leverage the different components of the community data ecosystem for systems change that advances equity.
Melissa Moorehead, Program Manager at Data Across Sectors for Health, moderated the event.
Our panelists were:
- Chad MacLeod, Director of Product & Communication, HealthInfoNet
- Jess Maurer, Executive Director, Maine Council on Aging
- Milan Chuttani, Data Analyst, Vital Village Networks
By the end of the session, attendees were able to:
- Understand how to apply an equity lens to the data cycle by engaging PWLE in the data sharing process.
- Describe the iterative process of developing and implementing the components of the data ecosystem to impact data sharing initiatives and the community.
- Identify the various components of a data ecosystem and how the components interact with each other.
Watch the recording:
- Resource Guide: DASH Framework – Shared Community Data Ecosystems (July 26)
- Presentation Slides: DASH Framework – Session II: Shared Community Data Ecosystems (July 26)