Call for Applications
Data Across Sectors for Health (DASH) is excited to announce a new call for applications for Community Impact Contracts – Strategic, Timely, Actionable, Replicable, Targeted (CIC-START). DASH CIC-START aims to help multi-sector collaborations catalyze their efforts to share and use data to improve health and build a culture of health in their communities. View the current awardees for examples of projects that are have been funded to date.
Up to 15 CIC-START contracts of up to $25,000 will be available to local collaborations to support targeted, short-term activities that build skills and capacity at the community or regional level to:
- Engage partners from multiple sectors in planning for shared data systems;
- Systematically share data across sectors; and/or
- Design or implement initiatives based on shared multi-sector data.
In addition to funding and technical assistance, awardees will also participate in All In: Data for Community Health—a learning collaborative of 1400+ people from hundreds of communities across the country working to connect data from multiple sectors to better understand and address health challenges.
- Download the program brochure to learn more about eligibility/selection criteria, expectations, and how to apply
- Read answers to FAQs that have been submitted for past calls for applications
- Download a sample application
- Follow this link to the online application system
Who should apply?
DASH has funded 4 rounds of the CIC-START Programs (round 5 is starting now). Members of local collaborations that have an actionable opportunity to advance their community’s data-sharing efforts that is strategic, timely, actionable, replicable, and targeted. In order to be considered for funding, applicants must be a member of the All In online community at the time of application.
How to join All In
If you’re new to All In, the first step to join is to sign up for the online community (allin.healthdoers.org) and create an individual member profile. If you do so by the application deadline, you will be eligible for CIC-START funding.
CIC START awardees will be expected to participate in additional All In activities during the contract period, including completing the All In capacity assessment and attending virtual and/or in-person events.
The DASH National Program Office hosted an informational webinar on November 22nd embedded below.
How to apply
On November 18th, DASH will open the applications for CIC START 5 with the deadline to submit by December 6th, 2019. If you are interested in submitting a proposal, click on the link provided on the program website.
- November 18, 2019 – Application system opens. Register at the link provided on the program website to download the questions, add collaborators to your application so that several people can work on it at once, and be better prepared for a successful submission.
- November 22, 2019, 3:00pm ET – Optional applicant webinar. Please visit the program website for complete details and to register.
- December 6, 2019, 3:30 PM ET – Application deadline
- January 2020 – Awardees notified
- February 1, 2020 – Contracts initiated
- August 14, 2020 – Contracts end
- September 14, 2020 – Final reports and deliverables due
CIC-START5 will open for applications this November with awards starting in February 2020.
Please direct all questions regarding the DASH CIC-START initiative to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “CIC-START.” You can also read answers to FAQs that were submitted about the call for applications.